Senior Project Coordinator - Telecommunication
Our firm, Africa-One Consulting has been retained to provide Senior Project Coordinator - Telecommunication at one of South Africa’s municipality. As such, we are looking for Senior Project Coordinators in Telecommunication. Preference will be given to candidates with certification.
- SAP PPM module updating
- Project Scheduling
- Material Management
- Site Visits
- Resource Planning
- Responsible for timely project completion, issue identification/resolution, and customer delivery
- Ensures clients clearly understand status of project throughout all phases; including outstanding, pending and completed tasks
- Performs daily project tracking including resource management, equipment tracking and workflow supervision of multiple projects
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises when appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Summarizes progress of project and prepares interim and project completion reports
- Facilitates efficient and effective internal team and external customer meetings
- Partner with internal and external customers to communicate project tasks, and schedules.
- Coordinate activities with other employees within our or the customer’s organization to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates applicable to his/her assigned projects.
- Prepares budgets and tracks expenses.
- Provides estimates within department guidelines.
- May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel.
- Verify and reconcile invoices.
- Manage the document control process and ensure constant communication with the customer and both internal and external team members.
- Organize and maintain data in clear, accurate formats. Ensure project files are properly maintained and uploaded in customer database.
- B-Tech/First Degree with Project Management as a subject or Proven (8 years) Project Coordinator type skills within a Telecoms multi project environment
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in project management environment.
- Project Coordination type roll within the Telecommunication sector.
- Basic understanding of LAN, MAN, MPLS, Radio, Facilities and Fibre technologies and standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft
- SharePoint or equivalent document management system
- Experience in SAP CRM or other ERP system environment
- Proven ability to use and maintain complex project administration systems
- Experience with administration of project documentation (specifications, closeout documents, POs and invoices)
- The ability to work systematically and accurately in complex settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word in particular)
- Excellent communications skills
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
Candidates should be able to start as soon as possible.